BJP Sitaram Jaiswal has become the new Gorakhpur Mayor. He did his High School from Gautamrishi High School Rivilganj Bihar in 1961. He won this victory by defeating his nearest rival Rahul Gupta of SP by 75823 votes. As much as Sitaram Jaiswal got a BJP ticket, the road to his victory was as easy as it was unexpected.
In the counting of votes held on Friday, he maintained the lead of votes from the first round in the morning. In the 14th round, he was ahead by 55 thousand votes. In the final results which came at 3.30 pm, he got 145992 votes and SP’s Rahul Gupta got 70169 votes. Harendra Yadav of BSP came third with 34324 votes.
Shri Sitaram Jaiswal will be Mayor of Gorakhpur. He will proceed with the great work started by our well-known CM @myogiadityanath Ji. Unpreceded assets are being given for the government assistance of Eastern UP, which is particularly helping poor people, oppressed and minimized. (Lines by Prime Minister of India)
Who is DM of Gorakhpur?
Sh. Vijay Kiran Anand is the DM of Gorakhpur.
Who is the mayor?
A person who is elected to be the leader of the group of people (a council) who manage the affairs of a town or city.
The role of the mayor:
- The mayor is elected by the people and recognised as the civic leader of the community.
- As part of the leadership role the mayor is involved in advancing community cohesion and promoting civic awareness and is the principal member and spokesperson for Council, including representing the views of the council as to its local priorities. Promoting part The mayor is chosen by individuals and perceived as the municipal head of the local area.
- As a piece of the strategic place of power the mayor is locked in with impelling neighborhood and propelling local area care and is the fundamental part and delegate for Council, including tending to the points of view on the chamber concerning its close by needs. Propelling associations with various accomplices is another huge occupation of the city mayornerships with different partners is one more significant job of the mayor.
- The mayor directs the board gatherings and deals with the lead of members at chamber gatherings.At Redland City, the mayor is likewise the Chair of the Local Disaster Management Group.
- The mayor directs standard General Council Meetings, where councilors discussion and decision on movements, and deals with the lead of members at these chamber gatherings.
- At the point when the mayor is inaccessible, a deputy mayor can act as the mayor. The deputy mayor is chosen by a larger part of the councilors.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Mayor:
The Municipal Act, 2001, Section 225, identifies the Mayor’s responsibilities as follows:
• To be head of the municipal council and to act as Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation.
• To preside over council meetings.
• To provide leadership to council.
• To represent the municipality at official functions.
• To carry out the duties of the Head of Council under this or any other Act.
• To perform duties of a member of council as outlined in the Municipal Act, 2001, Section 224.
The Mayor will likewise act as an individual from district board and is expected to go to all normal and unique gatherings of province chamber as well as any standing panels to which he/she might be selected.
Gorakhpur Mayor address:
P9X9+C22, Town Hall, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh 273001
Gorakhpur Mayor contact number:
0551 233 3015